Up the hills

Dear friends, as till now, I have been writing more about my thoughts than about my trip, heres an update:
Starting in Bangkok, "one night in Bangkok and the worlds your oister",after four nights I had enough of big city vibes, and moved north 80 km to the once-capital full of beautiful temple ruins, Ayutthaya. I had a day to bike along the sites, and make drawings of Buddhas head grown into a tree. There I took the night train about 500 km northbound to the buzzling capital of the north: Ciang Mai. More party, more companies offering tours for hiking, rafting, elephant petting and anything else you could imagine. Still no peace, exept the day we went up the Doi Suthep, a hill next to the city with one of the most beautiful temples of the north (they say). A fact you could only notice around 18 o clock, when the bulk of mostly asian tourists had left, and the monks occupied the spaces and filled them with their chanting. From Chiang Mai I took a bus yesterday to travel up north-west a serpentine-road - causing troubles to some stomaches - to the highly-praised town of Pai. There were road works all along the way up to the town, what showed how much the traffic grew up there in the last years. Arriving to the centre I was in the middle of a bazaar, walking out of it, crossing a beautiful little river with chill bars on both sides, it took me a while to find a bungalow for myself next to a little lake. Frogs and grasshoppers' sounds filled the evening, somebody played the guitar somewhere. Peace, finally.
The next morning I woke up to a sound I could not figure what it was: a huge ceremony of people with drumms and elephants walking at some distance, or a machine trying to stomp something into the earth? The locals were building the road all the way up to my sweet peaceful little bungallow refuge. Damn.

ps: I have difficulties putting pictures into the blog from my phone. So just check them in my picasa album (link on the right side). Once I get to use a comp I ll put some into the post as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berlin ... Elsö fejezet: "Hogy kerültem ide?"

Wochenrückblick 4

Erik Truffaz